Want a high yield checking account that makes your money work for you? Yield Plus Checking is a high yield bank account that helps you earn interest. Get a hassle-free, high yield banking experience with a $0 minimum balance requirement 1.
High Yield Account Features
Improve your banking experience with high yield checking that earns you a better return on your deposits. Columbia Bank's high yield checking account provides you and your family with the ability to earn more with your checking. You gain access to convenient banking features that make money management a breeze – and one that's rewarding, too!
Earn Interest -
With our Yield Plus Checking account, you can earn high yield tiered interest
up to 2% APY on balances with qualifying direct deposit or bill pay2
. Don't miss out on this opportunity to make more money off everyday transactions.
No ATM Fees Nationwide3 -
Not near a Columbia Bank ATM? Don't worry. With your Yield Plus account, get nationwide ATM refunds when you use any non-Columbia Bank ATM up to 6 times or $20 per month. Accessing your money should be simple and easy. With Columbia Bank, it is!
Mobile Wallet - Columbia Bank high yield banking enables you to pay with the tap of your smartphone. Debit card users can pay using Google Pay, Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay® wherever they're accepted. Paying with a mobile wallet is easy to set up and simple to do with your mobile device. You can also pay online with Visa Checkout and your Columbia Bank Visa Debit Card.
Free Visa Debit Card - Columbia Bank's Visa Debit Card offers even more convenience for your cash, purchasing and gift needs. Our debit card is the most versatile card you can own. Whether you're heading to the grocery store in your neighborhood or you're traveling the world, you can use your Columbia Bank Visa Debit Card wherever there is the VISA®, PLUS® or Accel® logo.
Minimum Balance - Enjoy a $0 minimum daily balance requirement with no service charges. You gain the freedom to choose what you want to do with your money. In the meantime, reap high yield checking account rewards.
Free Online Banking -
Our accounts feature free, 24/7 online banking
. Access your money, view your account balances, transfer money among accounts, deposit checks by using your phone, settle your bills and more. You can do all of this even if you can't get to a branch. You can even send Columbia Bank representatives a secure email directly from your online banking portal.
Free Mobile Banking4 - Download the free Columbia Bank app on your mobile device. In no time, you'll be able to check balances, deposit money, pay bills, make transfers, find ATMs close by and much more. Banking has never been simpler or more convenient.
How to Open a Columbia Bank Bank Account
Banking with Columbia Bank takes just a few minutes to get started. If you want to set up your account online, all you need is:
- Social security number: This helps us verify your identity so that government regulations are followed as we set up your account.
- Government-issued ID: All you need is a driver's license, passport, state or military ID, or other government-issued ID. This additional information strengthens the identity verification process for your high yield bank account.
- Funds: We do require a minimum deposit to open your new high yield checking account. You can deposit these using an existing checking or savings account.
Why Choose Columbia Bank for Checking
At Columbia Bank, you're not just a client – you become part of the family. We are proud to serve our members and make it our mission to help them achieve financial freedom for a more fulfilling life. Opening a high yield checking account with Columbia Bank can help you work toward your financial goals. Whether it's retirement, a fun family vacation, a new home or paying off debt, our high yield checking options can help you get there.
Additional benefits with Columbia Bank include:
- eStatements: Get bank statements instantly online, without having to wait for mail or deal with paper statements. Access them any time for up to 5 years.
- Bill payment scheduling: Manage your bills more easily online. Receive and pay bills digitally. You can even schedule bill payments up to a year in advance.
- Money Management: This free online service improves money management. View a category breakdown of your spending, identify your financial patterns, and learn how to save more money.
Columbia Bank representatives are always here to help you. You can call us at 1 (800) 522-4167 or email us through your secure high yield banking portal any time. Whatever questions you have, we're ready to provide answers.
1. Yield Plus is a variable rate consumer checking product and is subject to change after account is opened. For current Annual Percentage Yields (APYs), please click the “Disclosure” button above. For additional terms, fees and conditions please refer to our account disclosures.
2. If your daily balance is $500,000.00 or more, the interest rate paid on the portion of your balance that equals or exceeds $500,000.00 is currently .10%. The annual percentage yield would range from 2.00% to 1.05% with an assumed total balance of $1 million. If your daily balance is greater than or equal to $250,000.00 but less than $500,000.00 the interest rate paid on the entire balance in your account is currently 1.98% with an annual percentage yield of 2.00%. If your daily balance is greater than or equal to $10,000.00, but less than $250,000.00 the interest rate paid on the entire balance in your account is currently 1.49% with an annual percentage yield of 1.50%. If your daily balance is greater than $1,000.00, but less than $10,000.00, the interest rate paid on the entire balance in your account is currently .25% with an annual percentage yield of .25%. If your daily balance is greater than .01, but less than $1,000.00, the interest rate paid on the entire balance in your account is currently .10% with an annual percentage yield of .10%. If your daily balance is less than .01, no interest will be paid for that day. Fees may reduce earnings. Minimum balance to open this account is $0.01.
3. Yield Plus Checking provides for a waiver of up to six (6) ATM surcharge fees or $20, whichever is less, for each statement cycle when you use your Columbia Bank Visa ¨ Debit Card at domestic ATMs not owned or operated by us and the owners of such ATMs add a surcharge to your transaction. The refund of such surcharge fees will appear on your statement as a “credit.” The maximum rebate per 12 month cycle period is $240.
4. Standard text and data rates may apply from your phone provider with mobile banking.